NOTE: The Public is currently closed while the product is being reworked. – 3/30/23
Woo-hoo! We just released an updated version of the app – a public beta – open and available for anyone. We worked hard to get this far and would not have made it without your support ?.
public beta overview
- We have a goal of getting 20,000 people to open the app over the next two months, with 1,000 weekly users.
- The app is still in development and users are encouraged to report bugs and share any suggestions.
- We are conducting a set of ‘small’ launches mainly amongst different outdoor and disaster preparedness communities to see where we gain interest/traction.
how you can help
- Help promote us as we stretch towards our goal of getting 20,000 people to open the app.
- Please forward the “Community Gearbox Introduction” email you receive from us to anyone you think would like to try the app out!
- Reply to this email to set up a pilot group to test the app with your friends or a community! We will help host a kick-off party on Zoom that accelerates your sharing amongst friends…
- Lastly, please connect us with any online or in person communities you think would benefit from or be interested in Community Gearbox!
This version of the app has a number of updates:
- A Simplified “add something” tab
- New onboarding cards
- More hints/status indicators
- A tool for adding “seed ?” items quickly
- An updated searchable “items” tab for finding things
- View restrictions to improve privacy
- Improved groups and events setup and components
- Text alerts as a stand in for push notifications
- Interests fields as part of a profile
- And more…
Michael & Dante